Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3-2-15 Enable: to make (someone or something) able to do or to be something

This week has been probably the most insane of my life. I know I say that every week, but it is getting crazier and crazier as time goes by.

We have absolutely 0 time to breathe or sigh. Or sleep for that matter. This week we went up to Budapest for interviews. It was so great. We seriously have the best mission President. He's great. We just talked. It was great.

This week we have been working with one of our investigators who will be baptized! The baptism is going to happen on the 7th of March, this Saturday! She is doing so well. In Sunday School she was asked to give the closing prayer and she said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard. It was so awesome.

Last week a woman came to us in tears asking us to help her fix her problems. She said that she didn't know what to do or where to go. We gave her a blessing, gave her some scriptures to read and told her that if she turned to the Lord, she would be okay. This week she came back with a smile on her face and a bounce in her step. She said, "Ever since I left our program last week, I have felt a peace and comfort that is unbelievable. I have never been so calm and happy. I was able to put aside my problems and fears and able to sleep and move forward. I know that something you guys did helped me. What can I do to feel this way always?" You could say we were  thrilled. She is doing awesome.

Another crazy experience of the week: We had finished a program with a couple we are teaching and we went home on the trolley. A man gets on at one stop and he is obviously acting weird. He comes up to us and starts just saying all sorts of hulyeseg. We get off the trolley, then he does as well. He goes in the other direction, so we think all is well. Then we look back and he is running at us. So I start freaking out and Elder Whiting is just like, "Be cool bro, I got this." When the guy gets close to us, Elder Whiting stops, turns around and says, "What do you want?" The guy says more crazy stuff and Elder Whiting says, "Turn around and walk away." And the man turned around and walked away. So, yeah. Elder Whiting is a Bad A and we were on all sorts of an adrenaline rush.

This week, we have also seen so many miracles. It is rather ridiculous, because I only wrote down maybe one or two, but there is so so so so so many. The Lord really does enable us to do things that we can't do on our own. And for that, I am very, very grateful.

I love you all. Keep doing good things!

Sok szeretettel,
         Neely Elder.
Marmite.

Elder Whiting's first frap!

Sleepy Elder Whiting.

Tracting Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment