Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2-9-15

Hello...

I am doing good. I am freaking out a little bit about the fact that I am going home in some 50+days, but I am doing good. These last few months have been so crazy. I have become a completely different person. There was a time that I decided that I wanted to change. Then the Lord helped me. He sent me to the best people in the world and they all helped me so much to change and become better.
Elder Whiting is the best companion I could have asked for. We are working so so so hard. I never knew I could be so in love with something. I love this place so much. This has become home. These streets and buildings and paths. These people. They go by and I love them. I will miss them. They have become my family. I never knew that my heart could be stretched to such limits.

The biggest challenge thus far this week was the one that it always is: myself. I have been learning that all problems basically stem from ourselves. We have our will and our pride and we always seem to focus on ourselves. When we overcome that and make our wills to match the will of God, then things start to work out. But, it is a process :) day by day we can get better. Please read the talk from last General Conference entitled "Free to Act for Themselves" by D. Todd Christofferson.

The biggest success this week. We have a couple that are going to be baptized. They have a son and we finally got him to sit in with us and have a discussion about prayer, so yay for improvement!

Our investigators are doing really, really good. They are progressing so well. We have four people that have decided to be baptized. Four. I wish I could explain in words how much that is. How crazy it is that these people are making this step. It is amazing.

Tender mercy of this week: On Tuesday one of our programs cancelled and that meant that we had to go tracting for a couple of hours in the night in the middle of the city. The people here hate that and people are usually very rude. But a young couple let us in and we talked about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon for like two hours. It was so great.

How have I seen the hand of the Lord in my life. This is such a huge thing. I have been doing this thing, where I write down my question that I have and then I go and study. The amount of answers I have received have been baffling. It is like He wants to make a point of being able to give me answers or something hahaha. It is great. It is also cool serving with Whiting Elder, that when we give all that we can give to Him, He just gives and gives and gives in return.

This next week we are having Zone Training and we have big plans for our Zone. I am so excited to see these people start to change and become better. I love these missionaries so much. They are good people and I am so proud of them.

Sorry that I have 0 pictures this week, I am working on it ;)
Love,
Levi (who, at the current time is also known as Neely Elder)

No comments:

Post a Comment