Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New companion!

Hello!
     I AM TRAINING. Crazy. I love it so much! Okay. So my new companion is Elder Simmons! He is super funny. He is a super great guy! I am still in Szekesfehervar and I am still loving it! The weird thing about this transfer is that we are now alone! We are the only companionship in Szekesfehervar! Crazy, right? Training is going super well. He is so eager to learn and it is fun just to watch him and help him out with everything. Also, he is getting all sorts of firsts and that is fun.
     This week we had a really cool experience with one of our investigators. Basically, she has been having some family problems and we decided to fast together so it would get better. We fasted. The day that we stopped I called her to see how it all turned out. She asked us to come over. So we did. She then proceeded to tell us that it had actually gotten worse. A lot worse. As she sat there crying, I felt prompted to ask her if she would like a blessing. I stood there and words came out in Hungarian. It was beautiful. Beautiful,because it was not me. After the blessing, she sat down and with a new determination and hope in her eyes (she stopped crying), she said she was coming to church.
     Even when we tried our best and it did not succeed, she did not let her faith waver. That is so crazy. I am baffled by the strength of these people. Amazing. I hope I can have that much faith.
     Things are good. I can feel myself changing and I am trying my best to just let it happen.
     Have a fantastic day. I love you all. Do the best that you can!
        Sok szeretettel,
             Neely Elder.
Elder Simmons and I on the first day!
           
Elder Simmons' first Rakott Krumpli!

"Eros var a mi Istenunk" "A mighty fortress is
our God"

A baby bench we found. Cute.

Elder Simmons meeting a cool member with a
sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment