Monday, March 3, 2014

Feeling at Home.

Hello!
     My week has been fantastic! We decided to just work our butts off and it paid off a lot. We had a super busy week and we are watching our work here in Kecskemet grow. Our investigators are doing good. One of our investigators just set up a date for baptism! We are very excited! We called President to tell him about the baptism date, and he said, "Wow that is great! What a great companionship you have! You know, when I was praying about where you two should go, I had to wonder if the Lord wanted this, or if I wanted you two to be together! LOLOLOL" Hahahahah I was dying. Looks like President likes the Giacalone and Neely combo :)
     This week we also met with a family wayyyyy out in the boondocks. They are pretty cool, but it was awesome, because we went with a member. He is actually a High Councilor. As we were driving on a dirt road in this man's car, I sat and made small talk with him. It was cool, because in the moment, I realized that Hungarians are human. That sounds super weird and rude, but before this, mostly due to the language, it always seemed like they were not real in some way. Like they were just kind of...idk how to explain it. But in that moment, I was just one human talking to another and it was beautiful.
     This week we also met with an investigator that has met with us a long time ago, but later just kind of got lost. We brought a member with us, and they just hit it off and became bffs super fast. They are so cute just chatting it up about everything. It was also cool, because we had a plan, but the Spirit took the lesson a completely different direction and you could tell that the investigator was touched. It was really cool. On a funny note, our member said the closing prayer and she said, "Dear Heavenly Mother...opps Father." LOLOLOL it was super funny.
      This week we also had a cool experience. We had a day where we were both feeling rather crappy and we decided that we were going to just push through it all and try to continue working, even if we didn't feel like it. Right after that, we went into a building and the last door was a 25ish year old man and he was super excited to meet us and he was a total hipster and he was just the coolest and he invited us back "anytime". It was so cool!
      The last thing that was cool this week was Sunday. Sunday was perfect. We went early for Ward Council Meeting and it was just the greatest thing in the world. The members here are so stellar. So stellar. I mean, they are just the coolest in the world. Then we had such great meetings, then we met with one of our investigators.
       Then we went to dinner at he Bishop's house. We ate amazing Rakott Krumpli and I ate a pepper that was SO HOT! Then we went into the other room and sang together as Bishop and Elder P. from our district, played guitar and then he gave us a referral and we sang a hymn, said a prayer, and left. The greatest thing about all of this, though, was that I felt at home. The kids were running around screaming and the mom was exhausted and it was loud and noisy. I felt so happy. It was one of the highlights of my mission, just because it was such a beautiful moment. I didn't feel homesick. I just felt at home.
      I love these people so much. I love the Hungarians. This week I was thinking a lot about why I miss Sopron and Kaposvar and why when I leave Kecskemet, I will miss it here. I realized, it is not because of the city. The cities are just a big symbol. What I really miss are the people. The people I have come to love. All of my friends that I have made. All of my companions. All of the people that I love with my whole heart and soul. My heart has grown. When I came here, I did not know that it could be so possible to love so many people. But it is possible. And it is the most beautiful thing in the world.
      I hope you all have the best of weeks. I hope you are all in good health. I hope you all can continue to see the Lord's hand in your life. I love you all so much!!
      Sok szeretettel,
            Neely Elder.
This cute little sign was on the bathrooms
 at Tesco(like Wal-Mart).

A horse drawn carriage was in the street.
#welcometoHungary.

I found a bunch of balloons in the Ward Building...??
It was so happy and colorful though!

This poster says "Time Machine".....hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment