Wednesday, January 21, 2015

1-5-15 Return of the MAV

Dear Dearly Dearestes,

Things:

Pre-Transfer: We visited a couple of people and said goodbye to some peoples and played some games with the other missionaries (hiszen it was New Years Adam).

Transfers: Hung out with some of my beloveds and ate lunch and did a little shop-di-shop. Picked up Elder Whiting and dealt with the horrifying thoughts of luggage (I hate luggage).

Post-Transfer:

Wednesday Afternoon: Went home. Talked to Elder Whiting. He is probably the most humble and Christ-like person I have ever met. It is going to be amazing serving with him. Then we joined the other missionaries for some din-din and some games and then unpacking and then opening vegyes letters then sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.

The First Day of the Year of our Lord Two-Thousand and Fifteen: This day was full of chilling and naps and writing letters and then we had a program with an investigator named "T". He is the coolest. We like him a lot. So classy and way accepting. He just can't meet until forever. Gaz.

Fancy Friday: Went running. It was icy, but somehow, I survived (still marveling at how). This day I said to Elder Whiting, "These last couple of days have been pretty slow, but today will be normal Szeged day." What proceeded was the most unusual day to hit me in Szeged so far. Had a program with a new member and he proceeded to act as though he were high. Great. Then went to another program with a member. Didn't let us in, instead he decided we could talk about the gospel as we walked to the store to get his groceries. Nice. Went to find another member and the house didn't exist. Wonderful. Went to our next program, which was actually just us giving a blessing to the Sisters' investigator. Special. The last one actually was really nice. And District meeting was phenomenal.

Saturday or in other words DOOMSDAY: We started off this day on a good note: Sports Nap in the snow.  NBD. N...BD. It was pretty fun. A member brought a pineapple with sunglasses and told us to attack the pineapple. Cool. Then we had a nice program that didn't show up later. Then after that we went to a program we had planned. We couldn't find the blasted street (first we thought she said Szilleri Sugar Ut, but she was actually meaning Szilleri Sor). So we get caught in this little neighborhood and BAM. I ran into someone. I, (Elder) Levi Jordan Neely, have crashed a mission vehicle.
No one was hurt, the car isn't even that bad, but the cops were called and things were evaluated and now I have a fine for 15,000 Hungarian Forint. LOLOLOLOLOL. This whole thing means a couple of things. 1. I can no longer drive a mission vehicle. Ever. 2. Because Elder Whiting doesn't have his license yet, we will no longer be able to drive at all. You could say it is a bit devastating, seeing that almost all of our investigators live about twenty minutes away by car. BUT. We are trying to be positive about this. So we are getting excited to learn our way around the public transportation system. Yay.

Vasarnap: We had church. Church was so good. We have a family that is investigating and the mom is trying to quit smoking and the testimonies were for sure directed at her. Then during the third hour one of the members took her out and just had a heart to heart with her and it totally changed her perspective and gave her such strength. Then afterwards, we gave her a blessing and it helped her. It came from God and she felt the Spirit. I have been thinking a lot about the scripture in Moroni 7:35

"And now, my beloved brethren, if this be the case that these things are true which I have spoken unto you, and God will show unto you...that they are true...has the day of miracles ceased?"

My friends, the day of miracles has not ceased :)
We finished the week with biscuits and gravy and brownies.

I am a happy boy. I love my life and I am so grateful that I am a missionary. Keep doing the great things that you are doing. Keep living the good lives you are living. I love you all so much and I am so blessed to be your friends and your family and. I love you :)

Sok szeretettel,

       Neely Elder.



The member that brought the pineapple for sports nap.

Doomsday the wreck!

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment