Monday, November 10, 2014

Week of 11-3-2014

This week feels like a quantum equation. I don't even know what that means, I just know it might have to do with time being weird and stuffs.
     We had a program last Monday with these people and they dropped us and they got mad at us for trying to meet with them on Sunday...but they were the ones that called us to meet on Sunday...and then they made fun of us for being virgins LOLOLOL #missionarylife
     The rest of this week was full of programs and people and fun. So many things. We met with "A" again. He is so cool. His only real concern is that he still has not gotten an answer from God about the Book of Mormon or anything really. Which is kind of a problem. So we are trying to help him realize how he can recognize the Holy Ghost.
     One thing I think is crazy about being a missionary is that people trust us with the strangest things. A man told us all about his different affairs and things that he had done during his whole marriage and the awkward part is that he is like 60. It was just so awkward and I think the weirdest thing is that  I will miss that when I go home I think. LOL. #missionarylife
     This week the Branch Missionary Leader asked me to make a kind of music video thing for the New Branch Open House. So I went and we made a video with me playing a hymn on the violin and the organ and the piano and stuff. It actually turned out pretty good and it was a lot of fun to do :)
     We also had lunch at a members house. IT WAS A FIVE COURSE MEAL OF SO MUCH FOOD I COULDN'T EVEN MOVE OR FEEL NORMAL AFTERWARDS IT WAS SO DELICIOUS THOUGH.
     Friday was crazy. We met with so many people that it was crazy. I still look back at it and am baffled that we were able to do it. Crazy. We met with Five people in less than four hours and all of those people lived in crazy far places from each other. Yikes. But it was great and we felt super accomplished.
     This week we -as a district - fasted together to find one person ready for baptism. It was super cool. We were all in. We all worked together and we just had faith. And it worked. It worked in a way we weren't expecting. We didn't find a person that said that they wanted to get baptized, but we found people and we all re-realized how much we love being missionaries. It was kind of a weird thing, but it all inspired us. I don't know. It was a miracle. I think the things that are the most beautiful are those that cannot be described. They're so special that they only make sense to you.
     I am feeling all the things right now. I love being a missionary. I love life. I love that I get to help people. I almost feel selfish being a missionary. I love the experiences that I get and the changes I get to see. It is such a blessing to me.
        Love,
           Neely Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment