Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Moments in Life.

Hello,
     I am doing so good this week. This week has just been full of great things. I am also excited to celebrate this week! WOW! I only have a year left!!
     Okay so now onto this weeks happenings.
        1. This week we went home teaching with a member to another members house. We missed our bus, so we spent a good amount of time with "A" and later in the week, we kind of hung out with him for a couple of hours while waiting for a program and then they dogged us and yadda yadda yadda and at the end it was cool because we are pretty good friends with "A" now :)
        2. This week we had Zone Training. BEST. DAY. EVER. I got to go to Szeged, shop around, and hang out all day with Brown and Giacalone Elders'!! It was the greatest thing in the world. They are such amazing human beings! I am so proud of them. Seriously, why do I know so many great people?
        3. At Zone Training I realized a lot of things. I feel like I have turned over a new leaf and it feels good. I am so excited to start anew. It is a good feeling. I am excited for what will be :)
        4. This week we went to the Bariek. It was "Z" name day (here every day has a name attached to it and if it is your name day, they celebrate it like their birthday). We brought him some candy and spent some time with him. At the end, he said, "I really want to come to church with you guys. I want to be a part of this, but my mom won't let me do it alone." It was so cool! Here is a small 8 year old who really wants to be a part of this Gospel. It was so cool. At the end, he wanted to say the prayer. It was the most sincere beautiful thing I have ever heard and all he said was, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thanks for everything. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." It was amazing. I don't know how to describe the Spirit we felt. I left feeling very humbled.
        5. This week there was also a free concert at this restaurant with an underground Hungarian band called The Dirty Slippers. So we went and ate dinner (the food was SOOOOOOOOO good) and listened to their music. It was super cool and really fun. It was just a nice way to close off the week (it was Saturday night).

This week I decided I wanted to write down the things that I saw in the world that made me happy. The happy moments I experienced. Here are some of them:

  • A girl walked by and her shirt said, "HEY, I love you."
  • A homeless guy was laying on a bench like he was posing for a painting.
  • One of our investigators said: "Thank you for helping the Hungarians be happier."
  • On Fast Sunday, I bore my testimony. Afterwards, the Bishop got up to bear his. He said: "While he was bearing his testimony, I saw Neely Elders shoes. They are real missionary shoes. I am glad we have missionaries here like him."
  • This Sunday we also had a concert. As I was sitting there playing the violin and the piano and we were singing and everyone was happy. Then Bishop and a non-member got up and played a guitar duet of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief and it was so happy :)
This week, I challenge you all to find the happy things in your everyday life :)
Thank you for all of the support and the love. I love you all so much. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Thank you for the encouragement. I can do hard things. I can :)
     Have a great week.
        Sok szeretettel,
           Neely Elder.
My BLOW POP! I finally got my Valentines package!
Thank you very much!

I also love Sushi! #addicted.

My food. Good!

Dinner in Kescke with the band!


A horse we found. Just chained up like a dog. Weird.

#welcometohungary

A circus dog thing that just popped into the middle of the
 town. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment