Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What a SAD day!!

On Tuesday June 11, 2013 Lois Lee Hulme passed away. Sister Hulme is a HUGE part of our lives. It is all still too tender for me to write about, but I wanted to share his response to the news of her passing.

     When I heard of her passing I was very calm, and I knew it would be alright. I am going to miss her very much. That woman means the world to me. There are very few people in this world that are like Sister Hulme. What an example of the Savior she is. Never once did I hear her complain or moan or gripe. She always turned outward when she could have turned in. So much so that even her last letter was focused on how she could help me. Not once did she mention her hardship or her difficulties. She always helped others. Always. Without fail. She brought people up. Even when the worst of circumstances were there, she saw the good in people. She had patience that was unbreakable. Her smile was constant. I keep talking in past tense and that is ridiculous, because those things continue. She is who she is. I am so blessed to know that. I am so blessed to be able to take that knowledge to others! That live continues! That God lives! That we can live again! That our family bonds, our loved ones, will be together again. They can be together for eternity.
      Today, I got to go to the Temple for the last time for two years. That is a holy place. It is a house of beauty, love, peace, and happiness. It is the house of the Lord. If you have not entered into His Holy House and have the means to do so, then do it! Become clean and enter into His House. He awaits you and beckons you to come unto Him.
     I invite all that are reading this: Come unto Him who promises joy, love, peace and salvation. Come unto Him who died for you and who willingly and patiently waits for your with open arms. Come unto the Savior of the world. Come unto Jesus Christ.
     He lives. He is the bringer of joy and happiness. Through Him we can be made clean. No matter how dirty we are. We can be made whole. No matter how broken we are. We can find solace. No matter how difficult, how sad, how angry,upset, or miserable we are.
     This last week I was having a particularly rough day. In our classroom we have a picture of the Savior. Usually there is a picture of the Temple right next to it. The picture of the Temple was moved and it revealed something that someone had written a while ago. Next to the Savior stood the quote, "Minden jo!" Which in Hungarian translates to "All is well!" With Him all is well.
     My thoughts and prayers are with Brother Hulme. Please take care of him and please let him know I love him. I love Sister Hulme so much. I owe her so much. That woman gave me so much and she taught me so many important things. I will forever be in debt to her and her amazing example.
     I love you all so much. So much. I miss you all a lot. But I know that the work I am doing is important. I know someone in Hungary is waiting for the message I can share. I get to go and find them in just five short days. I am so excited.
     Thank you for your prayers and your support. I love you all so much.

         Sok szeretettel,
                  Neely Elder


                                                Lois Hulme, Levi, Phil Hulme


No comments:

Post a Comment