Monday, August 12, 2013

Seriously great week!

Sziasztok (see-ah-stoke)!
     This week has been so good! Seriously, one of the greatest weeks ever! Full of miracles and just really awesome things. I am thankful for the Lord. He has been helping us big time! So a couple of stories exist of mine<----LOL Hungarian is messing with me.
     There was a man that started coming to English class a while ago.  Both Mullen Elder and I really like him and he had a lot of potential, so we made a goal for a week to invite him to learn more about us.  Well, when English class came, I chickened out.  I was so sad about it, but I was praying super hard that I would get another chance. I thought that I would try again on Thursday during English class. On Tuesday we also have a German class that one of the members teaches. Guess who was there? The same guy. So afterwards I went up to him and asked him. He said he would love to and we are teaching him. He is super awesome and we are so excited for him!
     At said German class, I sat in the back with a lady and her two kids. One of her kids was like 5 or 6 and he looked super bored. So we started drawing pictures.  It was so dang fun!  Towards the end I found out he couldn't read. I was trying to show him how to pronounce my name (which actually turns out to be hard for some people) and then he was like, "Nem tudok olvasni! (nem-two-dok ohl-vash-nee)" which means, " I can't read!" It was super funny.
Our drawings from German class.
 













       So the other day we were in this lesson with this lady. It was a terrible lesson.  She was just complaining about everything to us and bashing on us and the world and everything and it just rather sucked. In fact, we literally stood up in the middle of this and left and she just continued to talk....it was bad.  However, while this was happening I had a really nice realization that just made everything better: I can be myself!  I can still be Levi Neely. I think I kind of thought I needed to be a different person to be a missionary....but now...I know that I don't. I can still be me. Just missionary me. Heavenly Father created me to be me and that is who He called to Hungary. That is who He needs to teach people. It was a nice realization.
     The other day we were streeting and this guy yelled at us from across the street in a perfect Utahn accent.  It was weird. I wanted to cry.  I haven't heard one of those in a really long time.  So he called out to us to join him for lunch. We went over and met his wife. He was the first missionary in Sopron (sho-prone) 12 years ago! It was so cool. We never asked their names. Dang it.
     The new senior couple is here! They are the Browns and they are from South Carolina, but they have lived all over. They are super nice and super enthusiastic about everything. It will be great to work with them.
     This week one of our investigators chose a date to be baptized on!! We are super excited for her and are so excited to help her to progress and work towards coming closer to Christ.
     This week has been a week of miracles. I just want to emphasize how important this work is and how important you all are!  Help the missionaries!! We need people to teach and you all can help with that so much!
     I love you all so much and I miss you all so much, but I am so happy to be here. I love Hungary.  The people, the place, the food, the weather, the smell, everything. I am so humbled to know that the Lord let me come here.
     I love you all so much and hope all is well with you!
           Sok szeretettel (show-k ser-et-et-el),
                  Neely Elder

My watch broke-so I got this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment